i love being a nurse for a lot of reasons, but just the stories they tell me and the things i see amaze me. someday i am going to forget, so i decided i am going to document some of what i hear and see. it all varies from serious, ornery, sick, and funny. no day is ever the same, obviously.
my patients make me feel good when they tell me that i am an angel or i am the reason they made it through the day, but i also have the most thankless job when i am screamed at, used like a drug dealer, maid, and whatever else you might think of. no matter what, it is a pretty cool job and i really like most of the people i take care of. so, here are just a couple things i noticed the last couple of days. who knows what i may see and hear tomorrow!
1) turpentine and castor oil will take away aches and pains if you mix 3:1 parts and rub it on the part that is bothering you. it doesn't smell good at all, but it will make you feel better.
2) god is what makes a marriage stay strong and keeps it together. without him, it will not last.
3) heroin makes you feel like you are snuggling on the couch with your boyfriend for 7 hours and makes you feel warm, fuzzy, and totally relaxed.
4) do what makes you happy like jumping out of airplanes, shooting guns, and drinking beer, when you're eighty-five!
5) a person can live for a week sitting in exactly the same spot, oh say a recliner, if one has a stocked cooler next to them- that's all that person needs. may not be pleasant after that one week (if you know what i mean) but it can be done, and one will survive.
6) a man's scrotum can really get to be the size of a small cantaloupe!