Sunday, January 5, 2014

skinny crockpot chili



not sure if you're in blizzard like conditions where you live, but we haven't had snow like this since i've been alive i don't think.  right now it's as white as my eyes can see and we have about a foot of snow!  that's a lot for us. 

when we are stowed up inside for days and can't leave, what else is there to do besides blog, hang out, and eat, right?!  well i make this a few times a year and this recipe makes for the perfect snowy day supper.  it's pretty low in calories, hearty, and keeps me warm.  i should've posted sooner because i know others are in the same position, but if you have these items on hand, there is still time to make today or even tomorrow.  go ahead, you will be happy you did!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1 lb lean turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 packet organic chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water 

brown turkey and onion together.  combine everything together in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. super simple and tastes great!



4 comments:

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said...

Hi!

Its Yvette, from the Classic Glam Blog!

This is an AWESOME recipe I will have to try out soon.

I am wanting to transfer this entire blog to INSTAGRAM! I think it will be an overall easier experience. I am going to be in NYC January 22nd, and by then I hope to successfully make Classic Glam Blog an instagram blog. This means that it will be pictures and captions, but a lot more interactive. No ads, no other information. Just me, you, and the picture!

If you do not currently have an instagram, you should most definitely make one! Its easy. Once I get to a certain amount of followers, I will transfer this blog over to instagram, although i'm already updating instagram. In the comments on my blog-- or reply to this email!-- let me know what you think, PLEASE! I'd love some great feedback :) and also make sure to tell me your instagram username & follow my page for some awesome information to come shortly. I will be writing and showing travels, style inspiration, recipes, and workouts! And of course, giveaways, like a blog!

Classic Glam Blog
www.classicglamblog.blogspot.com
www.instagram.com/yvetteten

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

Yum that looks really good!

Unknown said...

love an easy crock-pot recipe! It doesn't snow here at all, can't imagine being all blocked in like that. Hope it clears soon for you! Thanks for sharing.

Janna Renee said...

I add cocoa powder to mine! Gives it a little smokiness. Next, I'm going to try some Chipotle peppers.