Sunday, November 4, 2012

do it now!



Source: imgfave.com via Lesley on Pinterest


I have about 15 things I must get accomplished today. I thought with this whole day light savings thing would work to my advantage this morning, but it really didn't. Instead of getting up early like I wanted, I slept way later and threw my whole day off.

But besides the long list of projects, cleaning, and cooking activities on my agenda, I need to do other things that impact my life and even though they may not get done today, make plans to do so.

Things like writing a hand-written note to someone I love, making homemade strawberry jelly, holiday cookies with the girls in my family, a walk in the park, take a day trip, or that romantic getaway to a far off place....plans like that.

I don't know about you guys, but life seems to be moving quicker than the speed of light.  I can honestly say I hate it.  I wish it would slow down and it makes me sad.  I can't believe I am already 31. Where has the time gone.

Take this day to appreciate what you've got and do things that are important to you! 

8 comments:

Kasey said...

new follower here :)

this is such a great post! I love the quote by Buddha
I can't wait to read more of your posts, your blog is really adorable :) please come check out my blog some time and follow along if you'd like :D

http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

Brooke T said...

I actually did get a couple things done today!! I wish I could do more stuff though - all i need is the MONEY ha

Brooke T said...

I actually did get a couple things done today!! I wish I could do more stuff though - all i need is the MONEY ha

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I love this quote! It's so true!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

I totally agree with you. I never even have time to get bored anymore.

Rach said...

I am so with you. I really don't know where the years have flown. I hate that the days pass so quickly. I try to take each moment captive to really live in it and love it. Part of why I quit the job I hated so much. Life is too short for that!

Susan said...

Love the quote, and totally agree. Is there not something we can do to slow time down? The older we get the faster it goes by! Gosh, my grandmother must sneeze and it's the next year! :)

Janna Renee said...

I am very happy that time is moving quickly towards Will's return, but I am not happy that I will NOT get through my todo list before then! Oh well. Haha.