Monday, May 27, 2013

olay cc cream.


i completely skipped right over the BB creams and headed straight for the CC creams.  i am pretty sure these are all just a fad, but i had been wanting to try this out for a while.

tinted moisturizer is something that i have been using every summer since i was a teenager and there have only been a few brands to really carry them until the last couple of years when these types of creams here starting becoming popular.

the seven effects of aging this one claims to fight are:

  • Fine lines and wrinkles:  Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Uneven Tone:  Balances and helps even out tone
  • Age Spots:  Reduces appearance of age spots
  • Gentle Exfoliation:  Improves surface cell turnover
  • Dryness:  Provides nourishing moisturization
  • Moisture Barrier:  Strengthens skin’s natural defense against moisture loss
  • Luminosity:  Recaptures youthful luminosity

i do think this works well as far as moisturizing, giving skin a healthy glow with some coverage, and i love that it contains an spf. normally i get a darker shade than my own skin tone so it gives me some additional color, but i decided to go with what fits my skin in this one, which is light to medium.  it does well, but i could never wear it just alone because it doesn't cover up the circles under my eyes.  my cheeks tend to be a bit uneven as far as redness and it does help to make them appear smoother.

i would recommend this product and would give 3.5/5 stars.  It's a pretty big bottle that will last for months and months because a little goes a long way.  the only draw back is that i paid about $22 for this, and i thought that was a little high.  if i knew how it compared to some of the cheaper brands i used to use, i probably would have stuck to one of them, but i am glad i tried this out.  i really like this olay cc cream, but to me it does just as well as any of the other tinted moisturizers that i have tried. 

it will be nice for the summer because i only wear tinted moisturizer and bronzer because my face is tan.  my only wish now is that i had purchased a darker shade, but this will work for now.

i hope this helps if you have been considering purchasing this item!
let me know what you think if you have tried it before.

three different formulas
a pea-sized amount does the trick.
applying to the skin // all rubbed in
helps skin look more flawless

post signature

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been hearing about cc cream a lot lately. Thanks for the review!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Thanks for the review. I have no clue when it comes to makeup so you have no idea how much this helps!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

Great review, I actually just received a free sample of this. I have to try it out.

Rach said...

I've only tried BB cream (which I really like), but haven't tried the CC cream yet. Glad you liked it! :)

Megan said...

Your eyes look gorgeous!

emi said...

great pics! i need to check this out now.. since i just ran out! XO
the well-traveled wife

Jenny said...

If I could only do my eyeliner that perfectly!