Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{product spotlight} MAC lipstick in Meltdown


I picked up this lipstick a couple of months ago when I cashed in 6 empties.  I was looking for something bright and semi-red, but I couldn't bring myself to get a total red color like russian red or absolute power.  Perhaps this spring when I'm feeling more alive with the warm weather I'll go that route, but for now I'm loving this. 

Good thing I was able to get this in store when I did because it's currently sold out online and I'm pretty sure I know why.


Meltdown

This is a frost lipstick, meaning that it's got a bit of sparkle to it.  There is just enough to make the lips stand out while having a smooth texture.  The color is close to a coral, which is what I was going for, but if I layer it on pretty thick, it has a nice bright orange color with a lot of sparkle.  I tend to wear mine pretty light most of the time so it looks pretty natural, especially for daytime.  In the nite I tend to make it a bit more bold.

While somewhat on the high side at $15, I definitely think MAC lipsticks are worth it.  They smell wonderful, are long-lasting, and come in a variety of unique colors and textures.  I like that this one has almost a heartier texture, where some are so shiny, creamy, and glossy that I feel as if they won't stay on long.   I can wear this for a couple of hours without having to reapply and it stays put fairly well. 


On this particular lazy day, I wore a sweatshirt and went out pretty low-key.  The color was just enough to work with my lips, but didn't make me look as if I was all made up.  I love that it's such a versatile color that would work with any skin tone, but probably stand out best on fairer skin.

If you're in the market for a new shade, be sure to check this one out!

* This is my own personal opinion and I was not compensated for this post.  

8 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Hmmmmm. I never ever wear lipstick. Looks good on you.

Unknown said...

pretty! i love that color (:

Anestazia said...

That color looks fabulous! I just started expressing interest in lipsticks and I'm gaining sort of an obsession.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new follower! I saw Mavy May post about your blog in her Sponsor Spotlight. Great blog!

Anestazia @ Eccentric Delirium

Patty said...

it's so hard to find a good lipstick shade! this one looks perfect !

Janna Renee said...

That is a gorgeous color and looks great on you!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful colour! Thank you for the post xo

Kristal said...

Great subtle color! Looks great! New follower!
http://www.sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

It looks nice on you! If you do decide to go with a full-on red, I definitely recommend Russian Red, it's the only lipstick I use.