Monday, July 2, 2012

{recipe} beef & noodles




Starting off the week with a most excellent recipe for you.  I make these a lot and they are so good that I could eat them once a week.  Try them out sometime this week and see for yourself.  In fact, I think I may make them this evening for us.

And, on the plus side, they're low-fat!

They're super easy to prepare, but make sure you set aside a bit of time for the beef to cook so it can get oh-so-tender.


Ingredients & Directions

1 pound stew meat [or a roast cut into small cubes]
1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 gloves garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth
1 tsp dried marjoram 
1/4 tsp black pepper
8 oz Amish egg noodles [or any egg noodles of your choosing, that's just what I prefer]

Coat the meat with flour.  In a large saucepan, brown half of the meat in hot oil.  Remove from saucepan and brown the remaining meat with the onion and garlic, adding more oil if necessary. Drain off fat and return all of meat to saucepan.

Stir in the broth, marjoram, and pepper.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Simmer, covered, for 1.5 hours, or until meat is tender.

Stir noodles into broth mixture.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Cook, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until noodles are tender and soak up most of the broth.  Sprinkle with parsley if you wish.




11 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

yummy! I love anything with noodles!

The Pink Growl said...

yummy! I love anything with noodles!

Laura said...

Looks delish! I'll have to give this one a try!!

alex said...

This looks so good! And it looks quite simple, I need to try this!

Nav said...

noodles are so filling.,this looks easy and yummy!

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Life's a shoe said...

yum! looks and sounds good!

Michelle said...

This looks yummy!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Yummo! Looks grat.

Janna Renee said...

MmmmmMmmmm. This sounds YUMMY.

Robyn said...

This looks delicious! Going to make it for my husband...Thank you for sharing!
Robyn :)

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I just got some hunger pains looking at this. And I don't even like pasta! Nom