Tuesday, June 26, 2012

my favorite purchase of the weekend: it's odd.


This past weekend I went shopping at the mall since I now live 5 minutes away instead of 50.  Must.Stay.Away.  Although I purchased a few new items for myself, my favorite purchase of the day is a bit strange, but I have an obsession with these things. 

Hangers.  Not just any old hanger, but the heavy-duty, store hangers.  You know what I'm talking about.  The ones that you ask for every time you buy a new piece of clothing.  Or at least I do. 

I have so many because I always ask for them at checkout.  I love them because I hang up most of my clothes to dry and the hangers prevent the shoulder marks, plus it's super easy to hang up my pants. 

I am now the proud owner of probably 30 new hangers and I couldn't be happier.  I went into Delia's with my little cousin because the store was going out of business.  As I walked in, the store was mostly cleared out with just the skeleton of the store left, but on one wall a sign read 'Hangers: fill a bag for $2.' 

Come again - $2, you say?!  Yep, I was sold. 

I proudly crammed as many of those beauties as I could into the bag and walked out with a smile. 

I am thrilled to stick these in my closet and put them to use.  I'm so weird, but it's exciting!

Does anyone else love these as much as I do?!






7 comments:

Michelle said...

Which Delias is going out of business? I need to go there!

ERIKA said...

I love hangers, especially the ones with those slits for straps.. so useful!

The Pink Growl said...

I love good hangers! I always ask for them for Christmas because I never want to buy them myself but I always need them.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

O I totally ask forthoseall the time. They are so much better.

Janna Renee said...

Haha good hangers are worth their weight in gold! The guy at kohl's offered me the hangers last time, and I seriously got all giddy.

Courtney said...

I would totally get excited over hangers haha. I got coral hangers at Target and was just a tiny bit stoked about them ;)

Sarah said...

I love these types of hangers! I have been looking for some at Target and other places and they are so expensive for like 5 hangers! Great find!