Monday, February 6, 2012

Baked Spaghetti.


I love spaghetti, but I love baked spaghetti even more.
This is one of the best ones I've had and the combination of everything makes it delicious.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it.





This makes quite a bit, so if you're making for just the two of you, there will definitely be leftovers all week.
Or, if you're making enough for a crowd, this will do.


But here is what you need.

  • 1 pkg (16 oz) spaghetti
  • 1 pound hamburger
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I like to use a spiced kind)
  • 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tbsp melted butter
  • 2 cups cottage cheese
  • 4 cups mozzarella
And, here is how you put it together.

-- Cook spaghetti.  Meanwhile, cook the hamburger and onion together.  Then stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt and set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese, and butter.  Drain the spaghetti, add to egg mixture, and toss to coat.  Place half of spaghetti mixture in a greased 9x13 dish (I use a 3 qt, I think, oblong dish).  Top with half of cottage cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese.  Repeat layers.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 mins.  Then uncover and bake for 20-25 mins or until cheese is melted.
Let sit for just a bit and enjoy.

It's super easy and pairs well with some hot bread.
Try this. You won't be disappointed and everyone will love it.



**You can add whatever kind of extra veggies you like, for instance, next time I think I'll add some canned mushrooms and possibly a bit of green pepper.  Also, I have found that if I use less noodles, it makes it a bit cheesier and the sauce seems to go further. 

8 comments:

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said...

this looks pretty good! I'm glad I found your blog! Make sure to check mine out! :) If you like it, follow! I follow back.

Best Wishes,
classicglamblog.blogspot.com

Amira said...

Totally pinned this! Yum!

Sandra Leiva said...

Looks delicious! <3

Live Simply- Live Well said...

uhhh yum and yummy!!

Michelle said...

Yum this sounds good!

Holly said...

Yum! That looks amazing! I especially love the idea of adding mushrooms to it! :)

Also, I love your product of the week, that is the best foundation I have ever used. :)

Just dropping by from #FF.
Holly
http://adventuresofholly.com

Krista Lynn said...

I should not be looking at that picture on an empty stomach. It looks sooooo goood!!! I love your product of the week - that is my favorite foundation!

Susan said...

Definitely tried to leave this comment about 5 times yesterday! But MMMMmm This looks delicious! I try not to eat pasta though, so I wonder how it would be if I used spaghetti squash or zucchini! Could be a super healthy alternative! I might have to try it this weekend! :)