Last nite I needed something quick and easy to make for supper, so I decided to make these yummy quesadillas. They are really easy to make and pretty filling, I might add. This makes enough for about 3 of them, depending on how much filling you use in each.
Here is what you will need:
- 9" flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can of corn
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cumin
- 2 handfuls of cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella in one and taco in the other)
Here is how you create:
- Cook onion in olive oil until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients to pan (minus cheese), mix well, and cook for about 3 minutes. In a separate pan, spray with cooking spray. Lay one tortilla in pan and add filling and cheese, then top with other tortilla. Flip to other side after about 4 minutes or until browned. Cook on that side for another few minutes until done. If you don't want two tortillas, you can just fold one in half so it's smaller. Top with whatever toppings you like - lettuce, extra salsa, sour cream, anything.