Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{recipe} creamy autumn trifle





Yum.

Here is a great dessert for fall.  I actually made this for Labor Day even though it wasn't yet really in season, but I could not help myself. 

The recipe was staring at me and so was my trifle bowl.

You can really make this any time, for any occasion, but do not expect there to be leftovers. 
It goes rather quickly because it is so scrumptious.


Ingredients 

1 box yellow cake mix
3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
15 oz can pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
16 oz container of cool whip
2 heath candy bars, crushed

Directions

Prepare and bake the cake mix according to package directions.  Cool then tear cake into large chunks and set aside.  Whisk together dry pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes, until thickened; gently stir in pumpkin and cinnamon.  In the trifle bowl, layer half each of the cake, pudding mixture, and cool whip.  Repeat layers, ending with the topping.  Top with crushed candy bars.  Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. 

6 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Uhhhhhhh yum.
If you could please package that up and send it to me in TX that would be great!

Hilary said...

YUM!! I made a gingerbread one of these at Tgiving and it was a HIT! I am having a party Sat and def making this - thanks!!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Oh gosh! This looks amazing and delicious :) Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day Lesley! :)

Unknown said...

oh yum! that looks delicious! so excited for fall and all the yummy foods (:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Oh my this looks so yummy! I am saving this recipe!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Jess said...

You're right...this looks DELICIOUS!
I'm such a sucker for pumpkin anything :)

xo