Tuesday, November 27, 2012

my love for tattoos...



I have had my tattoos for about 5 years now.  Both have meaning and are a very important part of me.  I think the right tattoo can represent a person in such a way that defines them and can even tell a story.  I feel that's how mine are.



My first is a star that represents my family - 5 people, 5 points.  It's a pretty simple one.

The other are my angel wings.  I've always had an infatuation with angels, the other world, and part of spirituality that cannot be explained.  I like to feel that there is a greater force watching over me at all times, but on the other hand, wings represent so much more.  Flying, feeling free, peace.

Like they say, tattoos are addicting and I cannot wait for another.  I have the next 2 planned out.

One is a saying that my Grandma used to tell me all the time and the other will be one that Eric and I get when we move on to the next stage of life.

Here are a few that I've run across and loved.


Source: google.ca via Lesley on Pinterest



Source: google.com via Lesley on Pinterest



Source: bbc.com via Lesley on Pinterest


What do you think of these?  What about tattoos in general?

I love them and unfortunately I feel that if someone doesn't like them on me, tough.  It's my body and my free will.  I've had numerous people tell me that tattoos don't look good on beautiful people and then they kind of turn up their nose.  It offends me, but I just kind of shrug and don't say much. 

11 comments:

Helene said...

i don't have any but I love them on others! i love that little heart one! people are so weird how they just tell people when they don't like something, rock it girl!

Brooke said...

Love the angel wings! I have consider a similar tatt for my self from time to time. Very cute!



=)


Brooke

Nikki said...

I personally have 3 and am itching for a 4th just not sure what or where yet. I think they are a personal decision and if someone wants to judge you on that that is their problem!

Lindsay @ sunshine and soul said...

Nice! I've been itching to get inked on both of my wrists, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Hopefully I will soon. I also agree that it should be of no concern whether or not someone likes your tattoos - they're meant for you anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

I have 5 and I would love to get more work done. 1 needs a full coverup because the quality sucked but it was a $50 tat so you get what you pay for. The other one needs a partial cover because part of the design didn't come out the way I wanted it. I love the script work in the wild hearts can't be tamed one.

Beth said...

Hey,
I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!
http://dreamsinapoppyfield.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/another-liebster-blog-award.html
xox

Rach said...

I absolutely love that tiny heart one!!

Susan said...

I like that your tattoos have meaning to you. I know of people who have just gotten them because they were neat (kermit the frog for example). I think as long as they have meaning to you, and you love them, then that's what matters.

Unfortunately, my parents do not want my sister or I to get them. They have threatened our inheritance over it! I think one day I may get a simple one with a quote like the "love" one or the "just be" one... We'll see...

PS. You are beautiful! Tattoos and all! xoxo

Patty said...

I love the tattoo page on pinterest, it's really addicting. I'm still deciding on my first. I love the stories behind yours (and your tattoos!). Really pretty, and classic!

Unknown said...

wow so cute! i loved reading about the meanings of your tattoos, very cool (:

Janna Renee said...

I love tattoos. I have 6! I want an anchor, so I definitely like that one. I also like the cursive writing. I like that font!