Sunday, November 25, 2012

my black friday was better than yours!



...if you went shopping.

Even if you didn't, mine was pretty much a blast.  I don't do crowds, rude people, or late nites, however I do love a good sale, especially when I know I can find a ton of stuff for my selfish self.  However, I just can't justify shopping on that day, not only for the reasons mentioned above, but it seems like it bring out the worst in people - anger, greed, hate, you name it.  Small-Business-Saturday is something that I enjoy a lot better and it supports all the hometown people, not huge corporations.

Our group of girls don't really care too much for the shopping either, so we decided to have a different kind of girl's day.  We went to a couple of our favorite bars in St. Louis while some of the guys did their annual hunting trip.

It started about noon and ended roughly around 10p.  There were lots of giggles, irish carbombs, dance music, too much money spent on the jukebox, cajun shrimp, toasted ravioli, beer, and honestly I can't remember what else.  I can tell you for the first time in my life, I actually used my debit card to play music on the jukebox.  What was I thinking?!  Since only a couple people in my group actually like trance it was my choice and I was in heaven (:  My mom even played a little Tiesto.

Great day for us all, however the next day was spent loving my headache pills, Vitamin Water, pepto, and eye mask.  It was worth it because I haven't had that much fun in a long time. 









5 comments:

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

Did someone say Tiesto? :-)

Glad you had a great Black Friday! Mine was spent "people watching" which was verrrrry entertaining!

Tristan

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Haha! Glad y'all had fun.

Janna Renee said...

It definitely looked like you had a fab time and I love those Mentos! I'm so happy you can buy just the pink ones now. Haha.

Helene said...

my black friday was great too! such great pictures!

Susan said...

I didn't shop on Black Friday either! I actually had a job interview! It was the first black friday that I have ever worn a business suit! :) Looks like you had a great time! It's nice to get out and do that kinda thing every now and then! :)