Wednesday, January 9, 2013

money mash up




Money Mash Up 1/7.  Hosted by simply stacia.

I am one of those that has no budget, rarely knows how much is in the account, and just flies by the seat of my pants.  Being more in control and held accountable is something I really need to master when it comes to finances.  

When I saw this link up at Stacia's blog, I knew I had to join in.  She holds a weekly series of money questions and this is my first attempt at actually thinking about what I spend & where I save.

1.  The most money I’ve spent last week was for a trip to Ulta.  I think I spent around $68, but I got 2 boxes of hair dye, Biosilk conditioner, dry shampoo, an eyeliner brush, and I can't remember what else.  I had my $3.50 coupon that saved a bit, but not too much.  Ulta is definitely one of my favorite stores.  I made platinum in no time.

2.  A low-cost or free thing I did this past week was nothing as of yet.  Friday is supposed to be around 65 degrees, I am off work, so we may go visit my family and take Dutch to the dog park or make a visit to the zoo or something else outsidePretty cheap things to do. 

3.  The one thing I did for another was that we almost bought my sister's supper @ Chili's.  She came down and spent the nite with us and although I said we would get her meal, she insisted on buying her own.  We turned around and used her money on frozen custard, so I guess it all worked out. 

4.  Something I really need to accomplish this week is to take down our Christmas tree and all the holiday decor.  I just haven't found the time and before I know it, March will be here.  It's such a pain in the ass, so I keep putting it aside.

5.  My most favorite thing about winter is the snow and knowing that prettier, warmer weather is approachingI think if it's going to be cold, bare, and get dark in the afternoon, it might as well snow.  We don't see it as often here anymore so when I do, I am in love.  Winter is now probably my least favorite season so I'm always looking forward to spring weather. 

8 comments:

Helene said...

i am like that too about money. my husband gets so frustrated but I just think- I'll figure it out!

Courtney said...

This is a great idea! Sometimes I don't realize how much $ I actually spend and most of it is on dumb stuff!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

There are so am y great free things to do. I need to remember that I don't have to spend money to have fun.

Liz said...

What a great idea- I think I could really benefit from this link up too- you and I are very similar in the ways of money management..and alas..we have the same attitude towards winter haha!
Happy Wednesday!
-Liz

Lisamarie said...

I am so the same about money as you are. Its not quite as fun, though, once you buy a house and have a mortgage. Opps. I need to be responsible (says the girl three years into homeownership).

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm putting myself on a budget because the boyfriend and I want to go on a cruise. No more fun purchases for me =-(

Rach said...

My favorite thing about winter is knowing that spring is coming too, haha! :)

Janna Renee said...

I still need to take our directions down too!