Monday, October 8, 2012

when work stresses you, buy some new eyeshadow.

The other day at work really wasn't too bad until about an hour before shift change I had a patient pass away.  Talk about turning a decent day into a bad one.  It's sad, stressful, and makes you not really want to come back for a few days.

On the way home I decided to stop by Ulta and pick up a few things I needed to ease the stress of the day.  Low and behold they were having a sale on their line of makeup.  I have tried several of their makeup products before so when I noticed the eyeshadows were 3/$9, I was not gonna pass that deal up. 

The gold and champagne colors actually surpassed my expectations in their quality and pigmentation.  The purple was good, but not like I was hoping.  I like for mine to be darker than how it turned out, but this is not a very pigmented shadow.  These are all very versatile colors too, so I can use them in so many other ways.

How do you like this look?  I thought it was a pretty good combo of colors.

I am not usually one for shopping when stressed, but unfortunately it did make me feel better. 




Calla Lily / Majesty / Cashmere





Let me know if you would like to see a video tutorial on this look.  I was going to do one on this, but my software hasn't been cooperating so I have to get that figured out first....

I'm curious - do you shop when stressed to make things better?  What do you like to buy?

16 comments:

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Ulta is the best, especially when stuff is on sale! :) Great eyeshadows you picked out, I love 'em.

Courtney said...

Looks pretty!

Megan Nachelle said...

Those colors look so pretty with your skin color! Nothing like beauty products to make your day better :)

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Yes, buying eye shadows is the best retail therapy :) I hope you're having a lovely week!

Unknown said...

ohhhhhh pretty! i love the gold with the purple and that's a great pink for the corner. love it (:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Those look awesome. Yes do a tutorial. I never wear eyeshadow mostly bc I don't know how to wear it.

meandmr.com said...

Great tips! Thank you!
-meandmr.com

Laura said...

Finally catching up on all of my favorite blogs! Love your new name and design...sorry if you've had it a while. I've been off the grid for a bit.

Your eyes are gorgeous! I wish I had even a ounce of talent when it comes to applying makeup.

Laura said...

Finally catching up on all of my favorite blogs! Love your new name and design...sorry if you've had it a while. I've been off the grid for a bit.

Your eyes are gorgeous! I wish I had even a ounce of talent when it comes to applying makeup.

Susan said...

Girl, you are so good with make up. Me, not so much. When we finally hang out one day, you must teach me all your tricks :)

Jess said...

Your eyes are gorgeous, girl :)
I try not to shop when I'm stressed but I usually give in lol

xo

Patty said...

Oh I love Ulta!! I would have to buy every shade if I started retail therapy there with the days I've been having!

Your eyes look stunning :)

Janna Renee said...

Ooohlala! Love the color combination and I am always up for tutorials!

Unknown said...

I TRY not to shop to make things better, but sometimes I can't help it. I like to shop online the best, because getting a package in the mail is a whole new surprise. :)

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

Wow that would be stressful. I don't feel like shopping to relieve stress is a bad thing unless it start to cause stress on your bank account. I shop when I get stressed but I'm a penny pincher so I rarely spend that much.

BUT those shadows look GREAT. I love the look!!

Plush Pink Allure said...

this look is so stunning. I wouldn't mind a video to see how you did it lol I came across your blog on Brightside beauty blog hop and just had to follow! Looking forward to more posts!