Saturday, November 17, 2012

i'm really trying to get in the mood...



I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty hard to get in the Christmas spirit when the weather is not the typical holiday weather.  It's been fairly warm here and still feels like early fall.  My mind can't grasp that Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas is in about a month.

It's way too early for me to start listening to Christmas music which always helps the situation, however tonite we are venturing off to see one of my favorites - The Nutcracker. 

Years have gone by since I have last seen it or really even listened to all of the music, but there's something about the sounds that are dreamy, magical, peaceful, and enthralling.  Just the thoughts of snow, the Sugar Plum Fairy, angels, and the Waltz of the Flowers envelop me like I'm actually in the play with them.  Strange, I know, but it's just so wonderful.

Tonite is going to be different for a change, so I can't wait to go.

Cheers to starting off the Christmas season just a bit early!




7 comments:

Courtney said...

Which ballet company will you be seeing?? I wa in 4 seasons of Nutcracker in high school =)

Nikki said...

Confession I have never seen The Nutcracker but I make it a point to go see the Rocketts EVERY year!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

It's been pretty warm over here too but I almost get more into the Christmas spirit in November than I do in December :) I hope you're having a great weekend!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

We normally wear shorts and tee shirts on Christmas Day. It's never cold here. But I'm not complaining.

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

Lesley, I nominated your for the Liebster Award! Visit my page to see the details!
http://www.tristancollins.us/2012/11/liebster-award.html

Tristan

Jenn said...

I know what you mean about the weather being too warm- makes it difficult! My husband and I are going to see the Nutcracker soon and I am so excited! I just found your adorable blog- would you like to follow each other? :) xo

http://mylifeasawifetheblog.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I love the Nutcracker! This just got me excited about the season :) Your blog is adorable, girl!