Thursday, January 31, 2013

the time i got a new library card.


We have lived in our new town since last summer but just now got a library card.  Not sure why, perhaps laziness, but there were several books I wanted and some shows that we don't get on Netflix, so I decided it was time to make our way over.

The 30 minutes we were there have been the best 30 minutes of this week!  It's much bigger than our old library and houses so many more books.  Granted we live in a town that's about 4 times what my other one was, but still, I was impressed.

I even found out that I can download library books onto my kindle for FREEFree, people.  Gone are the days of passing a book up because it's too expensive.  Now I just login, click, and read away.

No need to go hog wild on my first trip, so I picked up the above 4 books.

>> 2 thrillers It's been a while since I've read a good action/mystery tale so I can't wait to dig in.  Each are about 400 pages so I'm hoping I can get both in before they're due.
>> a book on embroidery.  I've had a lot of interest in this lately.  This book has the most unique and cute designs, so here's to hoping self-teaching is going to be easy.
>> a workout book.  Our new pool is currently being built, so I need to get this bod in swimsuit shape.  Boy shorts bottom is the main focus right now.

I feel like these days a lot of people don't utilize libraries like we did when we were kids.  Pretty sad if you ask me.  I love my kindle, but I will never choose it over a nice hardback book.  There's got to be a few of you that agree (;


post signature

4 comments:

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

I love going to the library. What's better than book shopping for free!? Happy Friday. :-)

Sara Lucinda Bell said...

Oooh, looks like some good ones! That's something I miss when traveling the way we do, library time! I am technically an Arizona resident so I can't get a library card here in Utah. Such a bummer!

Janna Renee said...

I love being able to check out books from the library and can't wait to learn how to use the Kindle books!

Anonymous said...

reading for fun sounds so good! I read so much for school I'm burnt out. Xo Inna
ww.bakingincouture.com