Tuesday, October 16, 2012

blog-spiration with 2 cats & chloe.

Susan is one of the first blogging friends that I made.  We totally connected right from the beginning and I feel like I've known her my whole life.  This girl is super cool and I just love her.  She's also got the cutest Chloe dog I've ever seen. 
She's here to talk to you about some inspiration, which I'm sure we can all use every now & again.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hellllooooo!  My name is Susan from 2 cats & chloe.  I am so incredibly thrilled to be guest posting for Lesley!  I not-so-secretly, absolutely, positively adore her. It feels like we are long lost friends who haven't seen each other in years.  The kicker though?  We've never met.  But I'm pretty sure that one day she may get an invite to my wedding.  Yep, I like her that much.  :)

A little about myself and my blog before I get into this post... I have been blogging for several years.  But recently, due to life, I had to take a blogging siesta.  A month ago Lesley asked me if I could guest post for her while she left for vacay.  I pondered.  And pondered.  And pondered a bit more until she hunted me down on facebook and asked again.  Oh how I miss blogging, but oh how the thought of getting back into it is just slightly pull-your-hair-out overwhelming.  


But because she is so terrific, I decided that last week had to be the end of my hiatus.  So I started writing.  One post at a time.  

I know that I can't be the only one who runs into blogging brain farts.  Have you ever felt that sitting down at your computer is on your to-do list just below a root canal and spending the afternoon at the DMV?  It's not because we don't love blogging.  Because we do.  It's just life.    

So I decided it may behoove all of us if I made a list of blog-spiration.  Yep, I totally invented that word.  Need a definition? 
blog-spiration:  noun - when one does something or sees something that provides him or her with blogging inspiration.  may require a little perspiration.  if done right, will not cause desperation.    
Anyway - here is my list of what to do when you brain is on blogging vacation and you don't have 3 months of guest bloggers lined up...

#1 - Jumping Jacks.  Because Burpees are out of the picture.  Eating healthy and acting healthy help your brain and keep you positive.  Positivity leads to fun.  Fun leads to creativity.  Creativity leads to blogging. 
#2 - Pinterest.  Need I say more?  Slightly obsessed doesn't even begin to describe how much I enjoy Pinterest.  Trust me, you can ALWAYS find something that will give you blog-spiration.

#3 - Take out your iPhone and snap some pics of your day.  Pictures make blog posts 100% more legendary.  And less wordy.  Therefore, easier to create. 
#4 - Mow the lawn, Walk the dog, or Take a Shower.  Random, I know.  But serious thinking occurs when all of these happen.  
#5 - Hop in Your Car and Immediately Drive to the Nearest Airport.  No, not to travel (although that is a terrific, yet costly, reason to get a girl back to blogging)  People watching!  Oh man, some serious people watching does nothing but inspire me.  If you don't have an airport next door, I am sure you can find a Walmart, Starbucks, or the tried and true Shopping Mall.   
#6 - Brew Hot Tea.  Or Drink Wine.  Both make me very happy and distract me from work.  Which may not directly lead to blog-spiration.  But I'm sure the wine will inspire you to do something!  Better yet, I highly recommend you do this activity with a friend. 
#7 - Blast N'sync, your Boy-Band-of-Choice, or "Call Me, Maybe" and Dance (like there's no tomorrow).  Why?  Honestly, I'm not really sure.  It just seemed appropriate following the wine.  
#8 - Read other blogs.  *cue my shameless blog plug*  You can start with mine if you would like.  It's not super current but hey, it's gotta be more enjoyable than cleaning your house!  (And you never know where you are going to find your blog-spiration!) 
So there you have it!  I hope this gets you off the couch, away from the television and back to your computer for some quality blogging.  I also hope you swing by my blog and share what YOU do for blog-spiration!  www.2catsandchloe.com

Thanks Lesley!  Let me know if you decide to swing by Virginia on your way back from Florida!  ;)  

Blog
--

3 comments:

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, I use Pinterest for blogging inspiration all the time, haha! Great ideas here. :)

Janna Renee said...

I was wondering what happened to her! I hadn't heard from her in a while. I have that Williamsburg Winery glass too!!!

lesley: the dream tree said...

great ideas. i especially love the wine & boy band ones, haha!