Monday, April 22, 2013

music makes me high


this morning i ran across this fact on twitter and loved it, as i am obsessed with music. i highly dislike silence and have music on wherever i am, specifically dance & electronic.  it puts me in the best mood and always lifts my spirits.  anyway, the phrase read:

listening to music causes the brain to release dopamine, the same chemical responsible for the pleasures of food, drugs, and sex. 

i can totally relate.  this past weekend i downloaded a bunch of songs because i had an itunes gift card burning a hole in my pocket.  i listen to these songs over and over and over because of the feeling they give me.  

Allein - Eric Prydz

 Teenage Crime - Adrian Lux

 City of Dreams - Alesso & Dirty South

not sure what it is about trance, but i have loved it since i was a teen.   think about some of the music you listen to.  does it not give you a pleasurable feeling?  well, let's see....i can honestly say that when i listen to country, heavy metal, or rap, i'm not left with a pleasant feeling, but instead either a depressive, agitated, or sometimes offended {which is hard to do} sensation.  they just aren't my thing.

what is your favorite genre of music?  i find that not many people are into trance.  just give it a try, people. you will love it!  i know that helene is about the only other trancer blogger i know.

enjoy the rest of your day - i'll be listening to these song because it's gorgeous outside and i'm enjoying my last day off!

post signature

4 comments:

Helene said...

LOVE all these songs. and i just can't get enough! thanks for the shout out! wish we could find some bloggers that love trance as much as we do!

Tristan Paige {at} Sunshine! said...

Oh girl, I got your back! The only music I listen to is EDM! BPM is my station 24/7. "Clarity" by Zedd is my favorite song right now... followed by this version of Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIrABmG14VM&list=PL41BCB0C6DD4CA82D

Live Simply- Live Well said...

I am on a major country kick for some reason. I can't get enough zac brown band.

Rach said...

I totally get where you're coming from with music! I have always loved it and still do! :)