Thursday, December 5, 2013

diy like a fool.








for the last year i have been making jewelry, but over the last month or so i have really kicked it up a notch and made a lot more.  i also have started to get into watercolor painting.  i have no idea what i'm doing really, but it is so much fun. here are a few pics of some of the things i have been doing.

the jewelry is fun to make.  the hardest part is trying to come up with designs and patterns to create, but sh helps a lot and he is actually very good at making pieces.  he has made several and honestly, i think they are probably better than any i have done.  some of these are his and some are mine. 

i have to say that i do like the painting more though. i set up a little spot on the counter, turn on my edm, and go to town. i tune out everything else in the world and just paint away.  it really is good for my mind and it is therapy for me.  i just wish i had more time to do it instead of like once a week. there are a couple other pieces i have done that i really love.  i think i may frame them and find a spot on the wall.

i bought myself a watercolor book and know i'm getting a beginner thing for christmas, so i hope to actually learn how to do things instead of just trial and error, but regardless, it's fun and i love it (:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your things are beautiful! I love making jewelry, but I am a terrible painter. I can draw almost anything I want with a pencil or pen, but painting is beyond me. Yours are beautiful!!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Love this! I think the time away to just zone out is needed! Are you going to start an Etsy shop? You totally should. I could see you doing it and really getting into.
Let me know if you do!!!

By the way--thank you so much for my sweet package. You really are the best. It totally made my hour, day, week, month, and YEAR!!!!!!!! :)

Janna Renee said...

I love, love your watercolors!! You are so talented!