Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{diy} alcohol inked glitter pumpkin



Before I show you the most amazing fall diy, I just wanted to pass along that I'm also over at Janna's blog where I am defining my own perception, and I'm also at Allana's blog where I show you my fall wishlist from Penney's, of all places!  Go check out what I have to say there along with their blogs.  Pretty good blogs if I do say so myself.

So before all of that, I was talking about the amazing diy I created.  I know I'm a bit near the end of fall decor, but still...when I saw this I knew I had to make it and I'm so happy I created it because it was easy & fun.

Alcohol ink is my new favorite diy tool.  I had not ever used it until this project and I cannot wait to try it on something else.  It's super thin paint made from alcohol that has a super fast drying time, but it only works on certain surfaces.  I don't know a ton about it yet, but it worked great with these pumpkins.

This was such a cool fall project to make.  Hopefully I can do this again for a winter project.











8 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

That looks great!

Helene said...

wow, that is so neat and different! i love the glitter too!

Susan said...

This is awesome. Can we please craft when you come visit me too? :) We need to start making a check list of things... makeup, paleo, crafting, visit the beach, wine... :)

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

How cool! I've never even heard of alcohol ink before . . . sounds interesting. I love the look of your pumpkins, especially the glitter! So cute! Thanks for joining in :-)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm with Rachel. Never heard of alcohol ink but I love your project. Very unique.

Thanks so much for linking up to Dare to DIY! If you don't mind, it'd be great if you could link back to one of the four hosts! =)

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Glitter and ModgePodge. Can you wrong? Thanks for joining the DIY fun!

Janna Renee said...

I would not have thought to use the multicolor pumpkins, but I really like the look!

Amanda Corbet said...

Your pumpkins are so pretty and sparkly! Thank you for showing us how to make this fabulous fall decoration!